Before installing this theme, you must have a working version of WordPress installed. For information in regard to installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex (http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress)
Installing the theme
You cannot directly use download zip file. The actual theme file is another zip file within it
After you finish setting up your WordPress, you have to install this theme. You can do it in two ways:
- FTP Upload: Unzip the Theme.zip file and upload it into /wp-content/themes folder on your server.
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance > Add New Themes >Upload. Go to browser, and select the zipped theme folder. Hit “Install Now” and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance >Themes and activate your chosen theme. After the theme is activated, you have to install the required plugins one by one in order for the theme to properly work.
Installing required plugins
After activated the theme, there will be a notification bar showing on the admin side to ask you to install required/recommended plugins for this theme. We encourage you to install and activate them all in order to help this theme to fully work.
All required plugins must be activated
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- Dynamic Featured Image
- Contact Form 7
- Shortcodes Ultimate
- Simple Share Buttons Adder
- Comprehensive Google Map Plugin
- Media Library Categories
- Post Types Order
- WooCommerce – excelling eCommerce
1. Settings Share Buttons
Go to Settings > Share Buttons
– Unchecked all “Location”
– Delete “Share Text”
– Drag social media you want from left to right.
2. JetPack Plugin
“Shortcode” module of JetPack must be enabled.
3. Google Font
Before you can really select a Google font from the theme option, you must get Google API Key
Learn how to get the key here.
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com
- Get the code as pointed by the red arrow below.
Go to the file “redux-config.php” under your theme folder, search for google_api_key and enter your key (get from above).
'google_api_key' => 'your_key_here'
4. WooCommerce (Optional, for WooCommerce users only)
After installing WooCommerce plugin, please make sure you follow its instruction to create pages for WooCommerce.
You’ll see it creates Shop, Cart, Checkout, and My Account pages. To make it compatible with the theme, go to page edit and assign Woocommerce Page template provided in the theme to Cart and Checkout page.
5. WPML Compatibility
Installing & activating both WPML & the theme:
– WPML getting started guide http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/
How to set and translate main features of the theme:
– Using translation management http://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/
– Translation Management & Features http://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/translation-management-features/
– Translating URL slugs – http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-page-slugs/
An example of how the client can translate strings coming from the theme:
– How to scan strings coming from the theme http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/
– How to translate strings using String Translation http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/
If adjustment is needed for WPML language switcher please also add this: