Import Theme Demo Data
You can import theme demo data by using the import file provided in the theme.
Important: After installing the theme, you may not see the theme showing as the demo site. We have provide demo data for you to import the example content into your site to help you get going, but the images cannot be used on a live site, nor redistributed.
To import from a WordPress export file into your site, please follow these steps.
- Log into your site as an administrator.
- Make sure you activated your new theme.
- Go to Tools -> Import
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload the demo content .xml.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on your site. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the site or to create a new user.
- To import attachments, click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- Please wait while WordPress imports all the content. Posts, Pages, Projects, and Menus are imported. However, you need assign the menu a theme location and you’ll need to configure widgets by yourself.